Terms & Conditions
The term Martin Dawes Limited’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Martin Dawes House, Europe Boulevard, Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 7WH. Our company registration number is 06895500 registered in England. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
All prices are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. Secure payments can be made in the following ways: Any major credit/debit card through
- Amazon payments
- Electronic bank transfer
- Hitachi Credit
- All credit/debit card holders
are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we have the right to cancel the order.
RETURN AND FAULTY GOODS POLICY
Items purchased can be returned to our store or through our head office customer services team.
An unwanted product purchased in store can be returned within 14 days of purchase as long as it's still in original, unopened packaging. Returns and exchanges can only be processed with proof of purchase. You cannot return unwanted items after 14 days of purchase, nor can you return items that have been used. In accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online, unwanted products can be returned opened so long as you notify us you want to return them within 14 calendar days from the day of delivery. When returned the item must include all original packaging, be in ‘as new’ condition and must not have been used, installed or had any data input on them. You will also be responsible for covering the cost of any return carriage for an unwanted item, The return carriage cost for small items is £7 and larger items up to £80 depending on the item type. There may also be a re-stocking fee of up to 10% of the purchase price, applied for any items which have been opened and used. If you wish to discuss any of your options with us please give us a call so we can confirm these with you.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied. To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction. As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us by emailing email@example.com as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact us on 01174 566 031 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/
If your product develops a fault, you have the option of a repair, exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 30 days of delivery. If the fault with your product occurs within its guarantee period (normally 12 months from delivery) we will offer you a prompt repair service. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault. Obviously, we can’t be expected to guarantee against misuse, accident, neglect, commercial use, loss of data stored on any form of writeable/ rewriteable media/ hard drive devices, dead pixels of an amount not covered by the manufacturer’s specifications or normal wear and tear. Please note that if repairs are done by ourselves or authorised agents our guarantee can't apply. This guarantee is in addition to your normal statutory rights. We also offer Extended Guarantees for your peace of mind with prices from leading Insurance providers including Domestic and General, Solocare and Retra with guaranteed full protection after purchase. The premiums for these warranties can be found on our product pages and include all parts & labour repair costs.
When you receive your goods please open the box and examine them before signing to ensure they are in good condition, if the packaging or item is damaged please do not accept the goods and notify us as soon as possible. If you are unable to check the item at the time of delivery, please sign as unchecked. Once items are delivered we allow 48 hours to check your purchase for damage and report any issues, we cannot accept claims or returns for damage after 48 hours of delivery. Regrettably if items are signed for in good condition that later prove to be damaged, we have no recourse with the carriers so please check items thoroughly to avoid any disappointment.
CANCELLING AN ORDER
If you wish to cancel an order before delivery please contact us, or for online orders email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01925 938999. Once we have received your request, we will contact you to confirm cancellation.
LOWEST PRICES & SERVICE
We constantly monitor prices to bring you the best value in electrical goods. We will also treat you as an individual and we pride ourselves on our high standard of service. We reserve the right to charge for re-delivery if you are not present at the agreed original delivery date.
CONSUMER CONTRACTS REGULATIONS
In accordance with EU consumer contracts regulations, we provide a 14-day cooling off period with a right to cancel for all online orders. This period starts the day after the goods are received. We will accept returns on goods even if the packaging has been opened to inspect them. All goods need to be repackaged in original packing and with all accessories and instructions before returning. If you wish to report a fault with your item or return an unwanted item please follow the link below to submit a return request. Once completed you will receive a response from our team within 48 hours.
PRINTING AND PRICING ERRORS
In the event a product is listed at a wrong price due to a typographical (human) error or incorrect pricing information received from our suppliers, we have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed prior to a contract being made. This also applies to discount codes.
When you shop with us via our web site, all your financial transactions are entirely secure. We only use online payment services from Sagepay, Paypal and Amazon Payments for card payments, who process the transaction and then notify us of authorization. Your personal credit card details are not disclosed to us or stored so you don’t need to worry about your details falling into the wrong hands. Additionally, we also ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
The information given on this web site is in good faith. It is subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies and make no representation and give no warranty as to its accuracy. Nothing on this website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
LINKED WEB SITES
Our website has links to other websites. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content which is not under our strict control. Any link is not intended to be an endorsement of by us of that other website. Any contract between you and any third party named or referred to on this website are entirely at your sole risk and responsibility. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent from ourselves.
In the event that we fail in meeting our high standards of customer service please contact us at: - Martin Dawes Ltd Martin Dawes House Europa Boulevard Westbrook WA5 7WH
DATA PROTECTION ACT
RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Here you will find additional details about our procedures and the terms and conditions. If you require any further information with us, call us on 01925 938 999 and we will be happy to talk you through our Rental process.Minimum Rental Period – Our minimum rental period is 18 months. The first rental payment is required to be paid upfront along with a one off £15 administration fee, subject to a credit check. The Prices are for payments methods may be subject to a surcharge.Rental Termination – A written termination must be provided and in accordance with our terms and conditions the notice given must be 30 days.
Any Voucher Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or codes
- Discount code must be entered to receive the discount.
- The discount relates to the product only, and does not apply to any delivery charges
- The promotion is limited to one transaction per household and can be redeemed at any online
- The customer is under no obligation to purchase from us
- There is no cash alternative. The discount cannot be exchanged for any other discount or offer.
- Martin Dawes Ltd standard terms and conditions apply
- Martin Dawes Ltd reserve the right to vary, alter or withdraw this offer without prior notice.
12 MONTH WARRANTY
In addition to your statutory rights, should any item purchased on the website develop a fault within the first 12 months from delivery to you, we shall offer to repair or replace the faulty items without charge to you.
The foregoing 12 month warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- the fault developed through normal domestic use only; and
- you have not allowed repairs to be carried out on the items other than by us or our appointed agents (which acts will invalidate this guarantee)
Please note If the product purchased is from our clearance section and proves to be uneconomical to repair we can at our discretion elect to offer a refund (or part thereof) that reflects the value of the product at the point of failure.