Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Martin Dawes Ltd recognises its responsibilities to the sustainability of the environment. It is the policy of Martin Dawes Ltd to conduct all aspects of our activities in accordance with approved, sustainable and acceptable environmental practices, and to operate within current environmental legislation.
In order to achieve this, we will encourage and instruct all staff to operate within the following guidelines:
- To minimise the consumption of natural resources and energy;
- To consume material goods with consideration and in moderation;
- To adopt working practices that will reduce waste and allow for the recycling of materials wherever and whenever possible;
- To ensure that all waste and effluent is disposed of safely, responsibly, and without unacceptable risk to the environment;
- To encourage amongst all staff and clients an understanding of environmental considerations in the context of our business activities;
- To comply with and embrace all environmental legislation.
Through this policy, Martin Dawes Ltd will always seek to consider the environmental impact in relation to all its activities, and to recognise its responsibilities in helping to protect the overall environment.
AIM OF THE POLICY
The aim of the policy is to:
- Comply with current environmental legislation;
- To consider and assess best practice; taking action where necessary to continuously improve environmental practice;
- Emphasise to all employees at all levels their own responsibility to the environmental well-being; providing training where applicable;
- Ensure this Policy is available to all employees, including sub-contractors;
- Audit environmental and sustainability performance;
- Review this policy regularly, taking into consideration any audit findings.
The Director (or the senior member of staff in charge in their absence) will be responsible for implementing this Policy and, as far as is reasonably practicable, will ensure that:
- Any work carried out will comply with the requirements of this Policy;
- We will try to recycle as much of our waste as possible;
- Measures are taken to prevent any surface, underground or atmospheric pollution;
- Noise pollution is kept to a minimum, as far as is reasonably practicable;
- Vehicle exhaust pollutants are kept to a minimum;
- Wildlife and surrounding habitats, trees, flora, fauna, and archaeological and heritage sites are protected as appropriate;
- Material wastage is kept to a minimum, as far as is reasonably practicable;
- Water and energy are conserved, and recycling of materials is promoted;
- Environmental accidents are investigated and resolved; and preventative measures are enforced to prevent reoccurrences;
- The policy is reviewed regularly to ensure both compliance and relevance.